- 25 min
This tempeh steak marinated in a homemade BBQ sauce is served on top of a fresh lentil tabbouleh salad filled with green onions, avocado, cherry tomatoes, parsley and pressed lemon juice.
Olive Oil (not included)
Amount / Serving
Preheat your oven to 350F.
Prepare the marinade for the tempeh:
- Mix in a bowl the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, tamari, paprika and olive oil.
- Cut the tempeh into small cubes.
- Mix the tempeh cubes in the marinade.
- Place the marinated tempeh on a baking sheet and cook 20 minutes, turning cubes halfway trough cooking.
While the tempeh is cooking:
- Rince and drain the lentils.
- Chop the green onions, parsley and the cherry tomatoes
- Cut the lemon in half lengthwise and extract the juice in a small bowl
- Cut the avocado into some chunks
Prepare the lentils tabbouleh in a large bowl combining:
- The lentils, green onions, cherry tomatoes, parsley, the juice of the lemon (add half of the juice, taste and add more if needed) and salt and pepper to taste
Once the tempeh is cooked:
- Dress your plate with a portion of the lentil tabbouleh and of the BBQ tempeh.
- Divide the avocado chunks in each plate.